Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why Go?

People go to Burning Man for so many reasons. At the core being there is about seeing and being seen. Donning a spiky costume, fashioning an amazing art car, designing a playa art installation and belting out a song all garner attention. In that post-modern life often obfuscates our core human needs for engagement, being at Burning Man can be a dramatic fix. Under appreciated scientists glow in brewing up solar-powered banana smoothies, office clerks become respected rangers and psychologists become wild fire dancers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

kinnari kreme said...

yay! i loved your posts about burning WoMan. i'm going again this year; last year was my virgin year.

you write beautifully!

kinnari